Nonimmigrant Visas

A citizen of a foreign country generally must possess a valid visa in order to enter the United States. Nonimmigrant visa is the term for a visa which allows temporary stay in the United States. There are many types of nonimmigrant visas, each which allows a person to travel to, enter, and remain in the United States for a specific purpose and usually a specified period of time. 

Holding a valid visa is not a guarantee of admission into the United States. The final admission is made at the port of entry by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer. 

MyRights Immigration Law Firm can help apply for a particular nonimmigrant visa or file an application to adjust status from one nonimmigrant visa to another.

Policy to Know

• B1/B2 Temporary Visitor for Business or Pleasure

• E-2 Treaty Investor

• F-1 Students

• H1-B Temporary professionals

• H-2B Temporary worker

• J-1 Exchange visitor

• K-1 Fiance of a U.S. Citizen

• M-1 Vocational Student

• P-1 Internationally Recognized Athlete or Entertainer

• P-3 Artist or Entertainer

• TN - NAFTA Profesional 

• U-1 Victim of Criminal Activity

Additional Resources

Contact Us Today!

Please schedule an appointment to discuss your individual case with one of our immigration attorneys.