Non-Immigrant Visas

Non immigrant visasNon-immigrant visas allow a person to enter the United States for a temporary period of time and are restricted to the activity consistent with the visa. For example, a person coming to study in the United States would obtain a student visa (F1) and would be allowed into the United States only for study. Immigrant visas are generally not subject to numerical restrictions.

MyRights Immigration Law Firm has helped obtain all varieties of non-immigrant visas. Please schedule an appointment to discuss your individual case with one of our immigration attorneys.

The procedure for applying for a non-immigrant visa will vary depending on what specific visa is sought. For example some visas require USCIS to approve a petition on Form I-129 before applying with the consulate. (H, L, O, P, Q, R, and K visas).

Some Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

The following list provides some types of non-immigrant visas, many of these visas allow for dependent with a similar visa, for example a student holding an F1 visa may obtain an F2 visa for his spouse or children. Dependent visas are not included in this list.

A1 – Ambassador, public minister, career diplomat or consular officer

B1 – Temporary visitor for business

B2 – Temporary visitor for pleasure (Tourist)

E1- Treaty trader

E2 – Treaty Investor

F1 – Student in an academic or language program

H1B – Specialty occupation (profession)

H2B – Temporary worker

H2A – Temporary agricultural worker

I – Representative of foreign information media

J1 – Exchange visitor

K1 – Fiancé of U.S. citizen

L1 – Intracompany transferee (executive, managerial)

M1 – Vocational student

O1 – Extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics

P1 – Internationally recognized athlete or internationally recognized entertainment group

R1 – Religious occupation

T1 – Victim of severe form of trafficking in persons

TN – NAFTA professional

U1 – Victim of criminal activity

V1 – Spouse of lawful permanent resident awaiting immigrant visa

V2 – Child of lawful permanent residence awaiting immigrant visa