MyRights Immigration Law Firm is please to offer six individual scholarships specifically to those holding status as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
We are currently receiving applications. Applications for scholarships in 2016 will be received through August 15, 2016. Please see below for information on how to apply.
Belen Cabral Garcia
Silvia Portillo Contreras
Gabriela Escalante Valenzuela
Nayda Benitez Lopez
University of Colorado
Thalia Acosta Lozano
Front Range Community
How to Apply:
Please fill out the following information to apply. The essay will be the most important part of your application. Essays should be between 250 and 750 words. Please use the essay to describe why you should be chosen to win one of the scholarships.
You may choose to attach an essay instead of using the provided space. If so, please write see attached in the essay field. Additionally the following documents must be included or your application will not be considered:
- Copy of your Employment Authorization indicating category C33
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Evidence of High School Graduation or GED
- Evidence of enrollment in College or University
Any other document you consider relevant may be attached. Criteria used to chose winners may, but does not necessarily include: Previous academic success; current financial need or hardship; specific future goals/plans; willingness to serve immigrant populations; and more.
Please note: Some users have experienced errors submitting with Internet Explorer. If you have problems with your submission you may also send your application to [email protected]
Official Rules and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to persons holding currently valid status as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals who are at least (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In order to receive the prize, entrants must provide proof of enrollment at a college or university or trade school. The payoff will be delivered via check to the specified college or university or trade school. If the entrant is not enrolled at a college or university, the payoff will be forfeited and alternate winner will be chosen.Employees of MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC. (the «Sponsor»), and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, officers, directors, agents as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term «immediate family» includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as «in-laws,» or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must complete the online application form and attach the required documents. Applications received incomplete will be discarded and the applicant will not be notified or given opportunity to supplement the application.
- HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED: Winners will be chosen at the discretion of MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC no earlier than August 1 of each years. Winners will be notified before August 8 or each year. The decision of MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC is final and cannot be appealed or reconsidered.
- Criteria to be considered in choosing a winner include any or all of the following: previous academic success; financial hardship or need; specificity in future plans; and willingness to serve the immigrant community.
- PRIZE(S): A check with the retail value of the scholarship will be delivered to winner’s college or university to be applied to the winner’s school account. Prizes will be awarded directly to the Member’s college or university, if enrolled; no other option will be available. If the Member is not enrolled in a college or university, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner, in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
- RELEASE FORM: Winners will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email within by August 8 of each year. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of participants. If a winner cannot be contacted for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion. Each winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the «Affidavit») within six (6) days of notification. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. A parent or legal guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor for the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. Each winner will be subject to a verification process, to include providing a completed W-9 including the winner’s name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number. The Sponsor is not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail.
- DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by Sponsor.
- TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor a completed IRS Form W-9 with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes which is paid directly to the person, not sent directly to the College or University or paid into a 529k plan, from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC., and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the scholarship, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this scholarship or the use of the participant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Winner(s) must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the scholarship at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- WINNER LIST: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than ninety (90) days after the end of the award date to: MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC. Attn: DACA Scholarship 8205 E. Colfax Ave. Denver CO 80220
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All terms and conditions are incorporated into the rules of this Sweepstakes.
- JURISDICTION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the scholarship, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Denver Colorado.
- CHOICE OF LAW: Any and all legal disputes and lawsuits between participants and Sponsor shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada.
- SPONSOR: MyRights Immigration Law Firm, LLC. 8205 E. Colfax Ave. Denver CO 80220