While serving a Spanish speaking mission for the LDS church, Shawn gained a unique understanding of the challenges and opportunities that immigrants face in the United States. Shawn graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelors in Latin American Studies. Shawn met his spouse while at Brigham Young University and enjoys spending his free time with her.
After graduating from the BYU, Shawn was accepted to law school at the University of Denver with an academic scholarship. Defending immigrant rights was a natural fit and after only six months in school Shawn began working with an immigration lawyer in Denver. Shawn has continued his entire career defending immigrants in both state and federal courts.
Shawn has been successful in protecting immigrants against removal in immigration court and in defending immigrant rights in front of the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Administrative Appeals Office. Shawn has also protected clients in criminal proceedings.
Additionally Shawn has been successful in obtaining all types of affirmative benefits with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. These cases include lawful permanent residence, citizenship, U visas, waivers of inadmissibility, permission to reapply, and more.
- Deportation Defense
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Criminal Defense
- Immigration Options for Victims of Crimes
- Traffic Violations and DUI Defense
- Immigration Holds
- Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law – Juris Doctor
- Brigham Young University – B.A. Latin American Studies
- University of Colorado – A.S. Applied Mathematics
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Diploma in Legal and Business Spanish – Madrid Chamber of Commerce